How to Become a Member
The Vancouver Grain Exchange accepts membership applications from any organisation that is involved in some way in the grain trade industry. Upon receiving your application form, which can be found here on our site, the board of directors will review your application and inform you as to the outcome.
Type of Membership
The Vancouver Grain Exchange offers a Primary Membership to two representatives of any organisation that is involved within the grain trade industry. Any organisation that is a primary member of the Vancouver Grain Exchange can also add club members as a part of their own membership, who will have more limited benefits than the two primary representatives. The benefit of both Primary and additional club membership can be found here.
The option of having up to two representatives of your organisation to receive the following benefits:
- Inclusion in all correspondence from the Vancouver Grain Exchange and their membership.
- An invitation for your organisation to all Vancouver Grain Exchange events, including the Annual Golf Tournament, the Christmas Lunch and any other events, such as pub nights, that might be held throughout the year.
- One vote (per organisation) at our Annual General Meeting.
- The annual option to nominate either yourself or another Primary member to become a director of the Vancouver Grain Exchange.
- The option of using the Vancouver Grain Exchanges By-Laws and Constitution, terms of trade and events of delay policies, in any contract negotiations.
- The right to say that you are a Primary Member of the Vancouver Grain Exchange.
- The inclusion of your organisation on our “Current Members” page on our website, with a link to your own website.
Currently The Vancouver Grain Exchange allows the addition of extra members as Club Members. These members are limited to the following:
- Inclusion in some correspondence from the Vancouver Grain Exchange, notably that of any news or upcoming events.
- A personal invitation to all Vancouver Grain Exchange events, including the Annual Golf Tournament, the Christmas Lunch and any other events, such as pub nights, that might be held throughout the year.
Membership Application Procedure
To apply to become a Primary member of the Vancouver Grain Exchange, please fill out the following form and return it to.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax : 604-681-4364
Once received, your application will be discussed at our next board meeting and you will be informed of the outcome once a decision is made.